Wednesday, July 2, 2008

From 1999 til 2008

Well, it didn't take me long to figure out what was going on here. All states most have some sort of agreement to participate in this money "Cow" After all if they were doing this to me then there had to be millions out there who were experiencing the same kind of treatment by more then 3 states.
The thing that started to happen once I started to work in Ca. was the numbers started to get crazy!!Remember I said that my son turned 19 in july of 2001, from that point on there would be no more child support comming from my paycheck. WRONG AGAIN!-I recieved a statement from Alabama stating that I owed $13,002.96 in child support and $4,963.67 in interest on the arrears. I would like to be able to explain their math at this point, but is some kind of system I am not formilar with.Lets back track a moment, my obligation was $400 a month for child support until my son reached 19. They took over$800 a month from Nov. of 1996 til July of 2001I should have paid $400 x 59 months, or $23,600in child support, and $5900 in arrears(Remember I owed $6000 in arrears in 1996.) Needless to say the deduction just kept on being taken, and the amount kept getting bigger.So I tried the Lawyer thing again to no avail, either they wanted an arm and a leg to even start, or they just said it was a court case, and nothing could be done.A this point I am getting desperate, at the rate they are taking my money I will never pay off what they said I owed. So i went to my bank and applied for a loan to pay off the balance. The bank was as bad as the state of Alabama.They informed me since I had a garnishment against my wages they couldn't see anyway the could give me a loan. I tried to explain that if I got a loan the garnishment would end, and I could pay them back at the rate of the deduction for the garnishment. It seems that the banks and the states use the same kind of un-kown math to figure interest.
So I am back to the same old rut, work, and pay -work, and pay. this goes on until I am forced to retire in 2005 for health reasons. My insurance was still in effect for a year so I filed for disability from the state of California. Dumb, me I thought since I was on disability they would leave me alone. WRONG!! From Aug. of 2005 til Aug. of 2006 I drew $17272.58 in disability guess what they deducted $4182 for my garnishment. Then in 2007 the state convinced the Social Security Dept. that I still owed child support so they started taking my retirement money from Social Security(There are only five ways to garnish Soc. Sec. checks and one of them is child support.
To add insult to many years of injury, this year they took my $300 check that the president decided to give to all Military, and ex-Military personnel. I will close this matter with this statement since Nov. 1996 until this date July 2,2008 I have paidalmost $50,000 dollars in this matter and as of now I still owe them $4100---Go figure--and they wonder why there are deadbeat dads out in this world.
Thanks for listening to my venting!

No comments: