Sunday, June 29, 2008

Venting Again

Picking it up where I left you Yesterday. Soon it became my turn to face the judge, but much to my surprise the judge only called the two attorneys. After about two mionutes of whispering between the three of them the judge told me to rise. In a very gruff voice he informed me he had decided that a fair settlement would be $400 a month for child support, and $100 amonth toward the arrears.



Once again the dizziness set in I couldn't speak(Not because I didn't want too, I was fuming at this point.) the judge said that would be all for my case.I went immediately to my Lawyer, and asked him what happened, he stammered for a moment and said the judge only listened to the state lawyer.(I knew at this point why he had left the room when my ex had said she wasn't interested in arrears, he represented the state, and knew what he could do about that arrears.)

I left town immediately and hauled my butt back to Miami. I called my inept lawyer the next day after I cooled down. I wanted my $750.00 returned because he had done absolutely nil.When I asked him about the arrears he said the judge wouldn't let him bring it up, but he would continue to work on it. I never heard from him again. Not only did I not get my Money back , but he would no longer take my calls.I don't want to say that all three of them were in cahoots on this, but I think you could come to a assumtion the way this whole thing was handled.
About a week after returning to Miami, I was called to human resources at work, and notified that since Florida, and Alabama were contiguous states they were bound to obey the court order handed down by the judge, and that starting with my next pay check a garnishment would go into effect to the tune of $500.00 a month.( I get mad typing this so I'll shut it down for now, but wil be back tomarrow.) I.m relating this in the form of a soap opera, cause that's what it is.

No comments: