Saturday, July 19, 2008

Discrimanation--Everybody!!!!

I guess no one was interested in my sob story, about Divorced Fathers, and the court system. Five days of typeing and no comments. Gosh! I thought it was better then that. Oh well.
This is one of our Government "snafus" and we all know they have plenty of those. This happened a few years ago when I was ready to start drawing Social Security, when you reach full retirement age, which in my case was 65yrs.+ 2 mons. the Government asks you if you want Medicare part "A" &"B'. Part "A" is free and takes care of any hospital bills. Part "B" is for Doctor coverage, and out patient care. This cost you money and it is deducted from your Soc.Sec. check each monthSince I was still working full time, and I had a good insurance plan, I told the Gov. that I only wanted part "A". As time went by and my health started to deteriorate I thought that maybe i should quit working and sign up for Medicare part"B". Well i did quit working but i kept my insurance, under the "Cobra" plan. That lasted for 18 months. so i was fine for that period. When "Cobra" ran out, i went to the Social Security office to sign up for medicare part "B". Much to my surprise, i was informed that since i had turned it down when i was originally qualified for the program, i would now have to pay a penality of 10% per month. Well i said to the nice lady behind the counter(She was couple of years older then me----but she had a Government job) Let me get this straight since i didn't use your money to pay for my Doctors visits for 2 years i now have to pay a penality to get on the program. She said "Yes" and I said @#%&, and walked out the door. To this day i haven't used the governments money, but things worked out, since i was a vietnam vet the V.A. is taking care of me.
Talk to you next time i find a Discrimination case that we can talk about.

No comments: