Saturday, August 30, 2008

NOT DESCRIMMINATION-JUST INTERESTING

I Had an interesting situation a couple of weeks ago. went to my Doctor for a couple of different reasons(No need to get into that!) Since I have Emphysema I asked if he would sign for me to get a disabily "Parking Permit"-He stated that he would only sign for a tempory permit. I began to wonder if my Doctors ego was getting in the way of making reasonable decisions, was he think that he could cure my Emphysema. Thats for another day to discuss.
Anyway he signed the temporary paper, and I was off to the DMV. I have to stop here, and ask how many of you are from California? A trip to the DMV in this state without an appointment is going to take you a little longer then you planned.(you may want to bring a sleeping bag!)
After staring at the numbers on the monitor for quite awhile,it was finally my turn. This nice elderly lady informed me that there was no problem getting my permit since my Doctor had signed. She then informed me that it would cost $6.00- I was under the impression that there was no charge for disability permits,she then informed me that only pertains to permanent disability. I tried real hard not to laugh, and asked her if I was permanently disabled I could get a permit for free, but since my egotistic doctor thinks he can cure Emphysema, and would only sign for temporary, it was going to cost me money.
She smiled took my $6.00, and handed me a nice "Red" temporary disability permit.

Go figure!!!

No comments: